Have you run across an app to get BBC world news?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: marie baisez
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2012 15:29
  Subject: BBC IPlayer global:

  For Richard and anyone else curious about this, it is the app. from the BBC
allowing  people all over the world to watch BBC's programmes on their
I-devices without a UK TV license but for which you have to pay a subscription.
It is not available within the UK.  It came out 3 months ago, the first version
was not very accessible and didn't work well, well, at least, it didn't on my
Pod but the update posted last week works perfectly.
  Before committing to a subscription you can watch for or 5 selected
programmes different each week and published, in advance, in a dedicated
newsletter.
  Sounds great for ex-pats who can't access BBC television.
  The cost of the subscription is 6.50 Euros per months.  The sound from the
app. is very good, would like to share the pictures with sighted members of my
family, reason for my enquiry on the list.
  Cheers now,
  Marie

database 7192 (20120603) __________

  http://www.eset.com