Yes. Here are some reasons why you shouldn't do it:

It only works on iOs 5.01.
Installing spire on its own won't give you Siri access.
All of the free Siri proxies won't work, so you'll end up having to
pay for access.
Lots of personal information (Contacts and messages for example) will
be sent to whoever is running the proxy; hopefully it should go
without saying that this isn't a good thing.

I did briefly considder setting up a proxy myself and getting help
from someone I know who has a 4S, but this isn't just something that
you decide to do and then a few minutes later it's done - from memory
you needed to run your own DNS server as well. For the sake of being
able to ask a robot a question I really couldn't be bothered.
I use Evi which provides Siri like functionality and works very well.
Free from the app store.

Cheers,
Ben.