Hi Jenifer,

    Lets narrow things down a bit. So, can we start with SayText?

    Now, one way to reduce the amount of height needed to get the autoshoot to
work is to choose a fragment of text on a smaller sheet of paper because this
app needs to see all the edges before it will do its thing. For this reason, I
selected a paperback book from my shelf, and, using SayText, I scanned the back
cover. It is normally a safe bet that there will be some text on the back, some
sort of synopsis/review.Your average paperback is about a third of the size of
a foolscap sheet, so I didn't have to raise the phone more than about 8/10
inches. Then the beeps and the shutter did what they were wupposed to do. i
just waited after that until i heard a trill and "OCR complete". Finally, I got
the below, which is quite good, so do try with the back of a paperback and let
me know if you have any luck.

    Sandy.

·

. Falco leaves
most dangerous mission yet.

commission to find a missing water organ player and
an Imperial order to spy out the Lands of the East send Falco and his
aristocratic girlfriend, Helena Justina,
across the sea to Petra.

But the rose-red city turns out not to be so rosy after the couple discover a
murdered Roman playwright and _ they flee with the man"s erstwhile employers, a
group
of travelling actors.

Falco, obliged not only to take up his stylus to fill the dead man’s role in
the company, but also to investigate the murder. Soon another murder, several
accidents and the dangers of the desert are making him
wish he’d stayed at home...

. ‘A wonderful series of detective novels’
THE GOOD BOOK GUIDE

‘Several cheers for Lindsey Davis...Great fun`
Philippa Toomey, TIMES

‘The Marcus Didius Falco novels get better -

more original, more amusing, more daring - with
each run-0ut’

Stephen Walsh, OXFORD TIMES

ll lll! ll

llll