LimeChat is an irc client for IOS.  It's accessible, but text in the channel
window is not spoken as someone is typing, you have to read the channel window.
IRC is still very much alive.  I hangout on #macintosh on dalnet, and
#subgenius on taphouse.org.

On Jul 18, 2012, at 8:41 PM, Stephanie Mitchell wrote:

> Does anyone use irc chat on their phone? I used it years ago and missed it.
> Is irc dead? Anyone use chat on their phone?
> Steph

Egun On, Lagunak! (Basque for G'day, Mates)
Louie P. "Pete" Nalda
http://www.myspace.com/musikonalda
http://www.facebook.com/lpnalda
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lpnalda