Hi Carol, Dianne, and Others,

I'm not sure how useful a stylus would be to a blind user for the iPhone, as
Richard stated.  I have tried borrowing a stylus from a colleague to use on the
iPad screen.  If you do want to try one out, I'm not aware of any good brands
that are sold in the Apple retail stores that you can test.  At our Apple
Stores, some sales people use the Pogo Stylus or Pogo Sketch+.  This is pretty
skinny, like a thin pen, and the Pogo Stylus had. Sort of foam end that didn't
hold up well.  The stylus that I tried, and that colleagues like, was the
AluPen by Just Mobile.  It is an aluminum stylus that is thicker than a lot of
pen-style styluses, and more comfortable to grip, because it's hexagonal in
shape. When you hold it, your thumb, forefinger, and side of your middle finger
rest against three of the six sides of the hexagon, and the top end of the
stylus rests against the part of your hand between thumb and forefinger.
Because these are all flat surfaces, it's very comfortable, and the stylus
won't roll away when you put it down because of the hexagonal shape.  It's
about the height  of the iPhone in length, and about the width of a AA battery,
if you shaved the circular profile of the battery into a hexagon with six flat
sides instead of a circle.

I think that if you wanted to use a stylus because of hand tremor, this might
work for you.    You can order these from Amazon for about $15 in different
colors.  I don't know anyone around me who has bought these from a store, both
because it's $10 cheaper from Amazon, and we don't have this product in local
stores.
Here's a link to the AluPen at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Just-Mobile-AP-818-Just-Mobile-AluPen/dp/B0042U9AT6

HTH. Cheers,