Hi Joseph Thanks much for the response. . My keyboard   layout for the iPad
Mini is different than what you describe. There are three keys to the left of
the spacebar Ctrl, FN and Command. To the right of the spacebar there is a
command key then the arrow keys.

I guess it's time to visit the folks at the Apple Store to see if they can
figure this one out. If not, I have a friend who has an iPad Mini who could
probably be persuaded to purchase this keyboard at a reasonable price since she
does not require VoiceOver.

Barry