  From: Alan Lemly
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 12:25 PM
  Subject: iPhone 6 More Sensitive to "This Accessory May Not Be Supported"
Messages?

  Hello List,

  I learned through experience with my iPhone 5 to only use Apple cables and AC
adapters for charging my iPhone. However, I've always used a 6-foot USB
extension cable to plug into the back of my mid-tower desktop which sits on the
floor in order to make one rear USB port accessible from the top of my computer
desk.

  I never received any messages from my iPhone 5 when charging it by plugging
its lightning cable into the USB extension cable. With my new iPhone 6, I've
gotten the "This accessory may not be supported." error message on my phone
several times when doing this. I don't get the message immediately when
plugging in but only after a few minutes and the times aren't consistent. The
USB extension cable must be the culprit because when I plug the lightning cable
directly into a front USB port, the message does not recur.

  I've decided that the iPhone 6 must be more sensitive to extension cables and
was wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

  Thanks in advance for any comments.

  Alan Lemly