  From: Scott Berry
  To: Vi Phone
  Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 11:21 AM
  Subject: Re: Update on USB Extension Cable and "This Accessory May Not Be
Supported" Issue

  I am not saying that it’s a scheme.  It’s what Apple’s in business for to
make money!

    On Feb 12, 2015, at 10:04 AM, Charles Rivard <wee1s...@fidnet.com> wrote:

    I don't think that this is a scheme to make money.  There must be something
different about that particular cable that causes the alert.

    In order to give flexibility and strength to cables, they are made of
stranded wire, and if only one strand breaks, it can cause problems.  This
might be what is happening, although this is conjecture on my part, based on my
past workings with making cables using a soldering iron, electronic solder,
wire and jacks.

    ---
    Be positive!  When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're
finished, you! really! are! finished!