Only 1 percent?  I'd prefer 5.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <siegh...@live.ca>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2015 10:48 AM
Subject: RE: is the new iOS for iPhones a bit more usable?

Hi Devin,

A number of bugs have been fixed, but there also still are some annoying ones which have been present ever since the first iOS 8 beta release which means they have been reported to Apple now for 9 months and still are not fixed. One of these is the fact that you can't move most apps in the bottom row of the home screen (the one above the dock). I believe there are alsos till issues with Safari and the back button on web pages and a number of issues for braille users.

Apple has so far released 5 beta versions of iOS 8.2 and even though 8.2 is not even out yet to the public, iOS 8.3 Beta 1 has been released and 8.3 Beta 2 is expected next week. 8.3 Beta 1 seems to have fixed a few things, but other problems have been introduced so let's ope they get fixed soon.

Jonathan has written an excellent article about the just announced iOS public beta program which 9to5Mac has written about and which is expected to start on March 11 with a public beta of iOS 8.3. This means I would expect that iOS 8.2 will be released publically before then, but who knows, maybe iOS 8.2 will never become a public release and Apple will stick with 8.1.3 until the publick release of 8.3. They are definitely doing things differently and in any case, the majority of the new features in the 8.2 beta are about the upcoming Apple Watch. Once again Jonathan has blogged about an article which states that while iOS 9 which will be announced in a little over 3 months during Apple's world wide developer conference will of course have some new features, but focus will be heavily about squashing bugs and on getting iOS to be what it used to be, a platform which is rock solid, secure and which works well without a lot of bugs. I think we do have good things to look forward to this year and quite a few Voiceover users will most likely manage to be part of that group of 100,000 people who will get access to the iOS 8.3 and later iOS 9 public beta. Yes, I know people have already asked how they can register for that, but I think we just have to wait until Apple announces this officially and those who do want to participate better be on the ball since I doubt that once Apple does take registrations it will take long for the 100,000 spots to be filled. It would actually be nice if Apple set aside 1% or so of these spots specifically for Voiceover users maybe by registration via Apple Accessibility, but I doubt that will happen and we will just have to compete with everybody else..