Hi Paul.
Oh yes, I've had this issue, and it's a major one for me. In fact, I'm
in the process of writing an article about this. I suspect, but can't
confirm, that this feature was designed to allow a person to
immediately see what they have typed, before it goes to the
translator. Which is fine, I guess, if you're not confident in your
braille typing, but it would be nice if this feature could be turned
off so that it would go back to the old way of braille keyboard input.

Scott