Hi,

I own the current version of the Apple TV. It currently has available about
62 or 63 channels or apps whatever you choose to call them from Netflix to
hulu Plus to HBO to MLB TV to Podcasts to YouTube. Some are free and some
cost a monthly or yearly subscription. I pay about $8 a month for the
Netflix and Hulu Plus and the YouTube and Podcast are each free. There are
also channels such as Disney and History and other network related channels
that will give you a little or no content unless you also have that channel
on your local cable subscription. That part is frustrating if you have the
channel but your provider does not get recognized by the channel as playing
with Apple TV so you still can't get the free content on your apple TV. I
currently use 13 out of the 62 or 63 channels mostly because of that very
reason. Other than the news channels and Podcast as well as YouTube I use
Netflix and WWE network the most. The other individual in the house uses
Hulu Plus more than Netflix.

Then there is also the ability to stream from iTunes as well as from my PC.
I have not used the iTunes streaming as in purchasing movies or television
but I do stream from both the PC and from my iPhone frequently. And I also
use Airplay which is different than what I just described. I use my MLB at
bat or my amazon Instant or some other app to stream from the phone using
airplay because of the sound bar having better sound and I can go throughout
the house and do my thing while streaming through the apple TV to the sound
bar while charging my phone.

And the talking menus is a definite plus since I don't live in a Comcast
area, smile!

Hope that helps.

Merv