From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Jewel
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2015 10:34 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Navigation Aps

Hi Good Folk!  This is my first post to this list.  My * first I phone:  a
Iphone GS32gb: should arrive on Tuesday and I will have a tremendous amount of
learning to do.  The first thing that I will do is to install a navitgation ap.
I live on the outskirts of Gore which can be found in Eastern Southland New
Zealand and have a small, a very small farm , but the paddocks are large enough
for me to get, enfuriatingly, lost in.  I want a simple navigational aid that
will tell me where the nearest landmarked object is, say a particular
gate/building/fenceline.
Reading  the recommended navigation aps on applevis, I have dismissed Blind
Square, but Ariadne looks promising.  There may be others that would do the
trick too, but does anyone use ariadne and what do you think of it?
Even though I have been messing around with technical gizmos since 1994, I
still rate myself as being among those who get a glazed look in my eyes when
faced with a lot of technicalities., so if I get bamboozled by tech talk,
please find it your collective hearts to bear with me.

         Jewel,