Just rename it... rename the m4a file to m4r.
The format is the same.

Il 02/06/2015 19:02, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. ha scritto:
Hi Sieghard,

Thanks for these steps.

What's the best and easiest way to convert 100 .m4a files to .m4r? Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2015 10:16 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: A Very Excellent Source for Free RingTones, Sounds, and
Notifications

Hi Jed,

Sorry, I did download the zip folder with the ringtones from the link Mark
provided. I hadn't even checked to see what format they were in but just
assumed they were in iTunes/iPhone format since Mark mentioned somebody had
already done all the work. As Cara pointed out, any tone that is not in AAC
format (Apple Audio Codex) has to be converted first before you can rename it.
The generic music/audio extension for this format is M4A and Apple uses various
versions of this extension to indicate whether an audio file is a song,
ringtone, audio book etc. Anything with M4A is treated just as audio/a song.
M4R indicates a ringtone, M4B an audio book.

So, basically you will have to find an audio converter application or use a free online conversion website
like http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-m4a. I just tried that one and it's pretty simple and
straight forward, of course, it is one file/tone at a time and I believe there was over 100 tones in that
zipped file. Anyhow, the link I provided should straight away open the page for converting to M4A, just use
the button quick nav key to find the "browse" button, browse to the file you want to convert,
select it and then find the "Convert" button. The file will upload and convert, then check your
information bar as it should pop up with a notice asking whether you want to download the newly converted
tone. Select "Save" and the M4A file will be put in your downloads folder. Now you can rename it
and follow the steps I described in my first email which explain how you get it into your tones library in
iTunes and then sync it to your phone.

Maybe Mark will be so kind as to batch convert all the tones, rename them and
to post a new zip file in his Dropbox.