I think since it’s free for three months, there is no harm in trying the
subscription for free. However, I must admit that I am quite disappointed with
apple music subscription myself. If you ask me, for my personal preference I
think Slacker Radio has the best gig in town. :) The problem is that I think
they broke accessibility a few months ago. :( I think the thing I loved about
Slacker Radio is that I could really tweak the stations. I could change a
slider to tweak various categories, such as favorites, new, related artists,
and favorites. The apple Music database seems more extensive than Slacker
Radio’s though. I also do like poking around in the apple created playlists.
However, it seems to be a lot of work to make my own playlists based on the
ones they have started since I can’t copy the playlists and then tweak them. I
also wish there was a way to browse all of their apple created playlists. If
there is a way and someone knows where they are I’d appreciate a tip on how to
find them. I only see the ones apple suggested in the You tab. I have also seen
some apple playlists when I do searches, but they have playlists with titles I
never would have thought to search for. So it’d be great if I could browse
through them. :)

Some of the things you mentioned that you can’t do with apple music might be
there but are more of  a challenge to find. For example the shuffle seems to be
available anywhere but it is in the now playing screen. After you play a song
in any particular list of songs, like a playlist, go to the mini player and
double tap on it and the shuffle option should be there.

Anyways, the apple music subscription is fine if you want to take the time to
make all kinds of playlists for yourself. However, so far, in my experience I
very much dislike the radio station portion of Apple Music. I really hate that
I absolutely cannot find a way to ban a song or artist in any particular radio
station. I’ve heard there is a play less like this option but I cannot access
it. A sighted friend found it once but cannot find it again. If I try to create
a station based on an artist or song, I get all kinds of crazy stuff that
personally seems totally unrelated to the station I am trying to create. then I
am stuck with it since I have no banning or thumbs down option. :( I’ve heard
that skipping songs is supposed to let apple know that you don’t care for that,
however, that is incredibly stupid. I sometimes skip songs because I just heard
it five minutes ago on another station and don’t feel like hearing it just now,
or I skip songs because they don’t fit my particular mood at that time, like
when cleaning the house, I don’t feel like hearing a slow love song. I am not
trying to be negative, I love love apple and everything I own by them but I
feel very frustrated with the appleMusic subscription right now. It’s possible
that I just do not know how to use it. Another thing I can’t seem to find, is
how to just play all songs by a particular artist. I can play an album, but I
can’t figure out how to play all of their songs and albums.

I also cannot find a history anywhere. For example, where is a list of all the
songs I have hearted? I should be able to go through those and edit that list.
I’d also love to just hit a play all button or something to have apple music
play all of the songs that I hearted. Also, if it’s true about the skips
affecting what apple will choose to play for me than I should be able to access
the list of songs that apple assumes I don’t like. I mean, I have even skipped
songs by accident.

Another very frustrating aspect is that there is a family subscription but my
children often cannot find the radio versions of songs but can only find the
explicit versions and they are very frustrated with this. Sometimes we even
hear the radio version played on Beats one but when we try to add that version
to their music library or playlist, those options are not available. I assume
that it is because apple does not have the full  licensing rights to it. In
Slacker Radio and Pandora, there is a setting that turns off explicit content.
In slacker Radio, the radio version is played when available, and it usually is
available, in Pandora, I think it blanks out certain words, which is not
preferable but better than nothing. :)

Anyways, those are just a few of my thoughts. I have a lot more but who really
cares about them. LOL! I do want to leave with a positive about apple music
subscription service. So far, the music database is quite excellent. At least,
it matches my music tastes. My music tastes are pretty average and therefore
cannot speak about the less popular genres and artists. I also want to say,
that I really appreciate the budget friendly Family subscription. I am going to
try to keep a positive attitude and give appleMusic a fair chance. I really
want it to work out for us. Plus, why wouldn’t I give it a fair chance, the
generous three-month trial makes it super easy. :) AppleMusic is just a
different experience than I am used to and time will tell if it has sticking
power for my family and me.

Christina