Hello Everyone,

Today, in preparation for installing a copy of iOS 9 on one of my iPhones, I
decided, after backing up both my 5 S and 6 Plus, both running iOS 8.4, to
see what backups are being listed in iTunes.

Now keep in mind that I am using iTunes 11 for Windows on a Windows 7 PC but
I will appreciate replies from Mac users, as well as PC users running the
latest version of iTunes.

I noticed that for both my 5 S and my 6 Plus, there is only one backup
listed in the table of backups while there are multiple backup entries for
my iPhone 4, 4 S, and even my old 3GS.  The multiple entries for these older
devices are delineated by their dates.  I have not attached these older
devices to my PC in over two years.

The only explanation I can come up with, on my own that is, is that only the
5 S and the 6 Plus are using encrypted backups.  Can that be the reason for
each device's singular backup entry?  I expected to see multiple backup
entries, delineated by date, for both my 5 S and 6 Plus but there are none.
There is only one entry for each device.

So, I would ask you to let me know what you have listed in your iTunes
backup table for your series 5 or series 6 device.  To see your list of
backups,do the following:

1.
Open iTunes on your computer.

2.
>From the Edit menu, select Preferences.

3.
Select the Device Tab.  Here you will see a list of device backups.

Thank you in advance for any feedback on this.

Mark