I, too, recently purchased the Plantronics Voyager Edge and I basically like
it. I previously had the Blue Ant but as it got older it had a shorter and
shorter battery life and made odd clicks and such.
The only thing I don't like about the Edge is that it took me forever to
figure out how to get it to stay in my ear. The loop part has to be twisted
so that it sits in the back part of the ear. At least that is what works
for me. I never figured out how to attach the hook part over the ear so I
just use it stuck into my ear and it does occasionally fall out.
I like the answer or ignore feature. This ear phone is also easier to use
with Siri than my old Blue Ant. It just takes an extra second before
starting to talk or dictate.
It comes with a charger/carrying case to carry with you but you have to
twist the inner plastic ear tip to use it and you can't use it with the ear
hook attached. But it is handy to have if you are going to be out all day.
It says you get 6 hours of talk time and this is true, I think. I use it to
listen to BARD books quite often so use a wired earphone or my old Blue Ant
as a backup for the 90 minutes it takes the Edge to recharge.
I do think I would recommend it although I really liked the real ear hook on
my Blue Ant much better as I sometimes worry that the Voyager Edge will
fall out and I won't notice if it is on stand by and not actually talking.
HTH,
Sherrie Gosling
-----Original Message-----
From: Cristóbal
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:01 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Ear pieces and Microphones
I've tried out a bunch recently (Thank you Amazon for no hassle returns) and
have settled on the Plantronics Voyager Edge. Its got the shape of a house
key. Has three mics and a lot of other features. Some I turned off because I
don't care for them like caller ID since Voiceover already performs that
function and hands free answer/ignore as I found it to be on the flakey
side, but all in all, it's a very good earpiece and has provided the best
call quality. I tried other models like the Motorola H720, Plantronics M165,
Voyager Legend, M55 and wasn't convinced at all or not enough in comparison
to the Edge. It goes for around $95.00 on Amazon. Doing a simple search on
Amazon.com will bring it up right away.
There's an iOS app where you can change settings that for a few unlabeled
buttons is fully Voiceover accessible too.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf
Of John Diakogeorgiou
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 6:02 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Ear pieces and Microphones
Hi:
I am looking for a comfortable and high quality Bluetooth earpiece
with microphone. I am also looking for headphones/micropone with only
one jack that performs both functions. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.
--
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list.
All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list
can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list.
All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list
can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All
new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can
be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.