From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
David Justice
Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2015 9:51 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Dictionary app, American heritage 5th edition

Mary,

The interesting thing about the Concise Oxford dictionary is that you can
manage to get the definition.  Once you have typed in a word the definition is
displayed on the screen.  Fine for sighted people, not so good for VoiceOver
users as I said.  However, there is a more button.  If you press that and then
select Share, then you can select message or mail and the definition will be
readable in that app.  Once you have read it, then you cancel out and return to
the dictionary.  Or, instead of choosing one of those apps, you could select
copy and then paste the definition into notes or whatever.  Yeah I know, a pain
to go through, especially for a short definition.

Oh yes, the cost for the app was about 12 or 13 dollars.

  David Justice :)