Yes, it is on, but in iTunes on my laptop a lot of songs still include this
“iCloud needs upload” message even though they are available and I can also
play them on my iPhone.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
christopher hallsworth
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2015 11:20 PM
To: Viphone <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: iTunes message: iCloud needs upload

Hi yes, make sure iCloud Music library is "on" in iPhone settings > music.

On 16 Aug 2015, at 23:18, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca
<mailto:siegh...@live.ca> > wrote:

Hello,

I have signed up for the Apple Music free trial and I am curious about a
message Jaws reads with many of my songs. It says “iCloud needs upload”, below
is one example:

Penny Lane, iCloud Need upload, Time 3:02, The Beatles, Album The Beatles 1967
- 1970 [Disc 1], Genre Rock, Track # 2 of 14, not loved

I just let Jaws speak it and copied this directly from the Jaws speech history.
If I right click on the song I see no option to upload the track, but I do have
a “Remove download” option in the menu that comes up. In the iTunes preferences
in the General tab I do have “Show Apple Music” checked and there is also a
checkmark next to an item called “iCloud Music Library” followed by my Apple Id
email.

I like the idea of Apple Music and love the SIRI integration, but I do agree
with many reviews and opinions that it is complicated and apparently there are
still issues which need to be fixed.

I used to strictly manage what music I have on my iPhone via iTunes, but after
I had to do a factory restore after briefly running a couple of early versions
of the iOS 9 beta and downgrading again to 8.4, I have not yet synced any music
to my iPhone manually. If I open the music app and go to the “My Music” tab, I
see a bunch of music which is all stuff I bought from iTunes, but nothing else.
Shouldn’t the music on my laptop which is in my iTunes library upload to my
iCloud Music Library and then be available on my iPhone?

<http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/>
to  <mailto:viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
viphone@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at  <http://groups.google.com/group/viphone>