Well, this is interesting.
After reading the article that was posted, I went into settings battery on my
iPhone 5s, and sure enough, at the top was a setting for low power mode that
can be manually enabled.
I then went to my iPod Touch 6, and look in the battery settings and there is
no power mode setting.
But, like I said, it seems to do it automatically when it gets down to 20%.
Time will tell if that is a good thing or not on the touch. But, since it cuts
performance, I'm glad it is a setting on the phone.
Richard