From: "M. Taylor" <mk...@ucla.edu
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com
Date sent: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 19:11:33 -0700
Subject: A Heads-Up On The Soon-To-Be-Released New Version of the
TV Guide App for iOS

Hello Fellow Television Fans:

A new version of the TV Guide app should be released within the
next couple
of either days or weeks.

While the new version has a different look and feel, it includes
several new
features and added functionality that I will let you discover for
yourself.
The best part is that it is marvelously VoiceOver accessible. In
fact, TV
Guide has gone out of their way to make sure that we, as blind
and low
vision users, can enjoy the same functionality as our sighted
counterparts.

And for you pucker-butts, I am not violating any NDAs in posting
to the
list.

The reason I am posting is to:

1.
Inform you that the new version of the App is VoiceOver ready;
including the
setup and settings areas.

2.
Let you know that the new app has a new look and feel that may
take a little
getting used to but is well worth the effort.

3.
If you like reviewing programming via the Favorite channels list,
don't
worry, it's still there but in a slightly different location but
with added
functionality.

4.
Thanks to the programmers, now VoiceOver users can double tap on
any channel
number in the general listings grid, to see only the day's
listings for that
one particular channel Without having to add the channel to the
Favorites
list.

5.
Let you know that the new version of the app will now let you
save your
Favorite channels, shows, etc in the Cloud so you can access them
on all
your iOS devices and the TV Guide website. That's right. Select
your
Favorite channels and/or television shows complete with alerts,
and have
them synchronized across all your iOS devices.

6.
Encourage you to, once you've familiarize yourself with the new
app, and
assuming that you enjoy it, go to the App store and give the app
a good
review so that the people at TV Guide will know that we
appreciate their
efforts.

As the saying goes, Stay Tuned.

Mark