You might want to try backing up your library using iTunes file sharing. The
last few times I tried this, it didn't work, but it used to work before, and
you might have better luck than I did. That way, when you reinstall, you can
just shove the Voice Dream Reader library file back into the app using iTunes
file sharing.

Thanks,
Ari