You hate IMAP? Why? IMAP is much more flexible than POP 3. You can organize
your mail into folders. POP doesn't support this feature. Since all of your
email is kept on the server when you use IMAP, managing email with multiple
devices isn't an issue. I use my iPhone and my Windows 10 computer with
outlook. Everything is always synchronized and available on all of my devices.
If I had an iPad, I would be able to use it to manage email the same way.