Hi.  Mark, I sent a copy of your problem report through the feedback function
of the TV Guide app yesterday morning, and I received a response back from
Millicent Scott of the TV Guide Mobile team indicating that they're aware of
the issue and are fixing it.  I suspect that that's a canned response, but it's
still a good idea for everyone who is having trouble with the app to write to
them, strength in numbers and all that.  BTW, a couple of things. Version 5.0.1
just hit the app store this morning and my first impression is that it works a
little bit better, but I have yet to really put it through its paces.  Also,
there is an alternative app that you can use which works fairly well, although
it, too, has some quirks. Look for an app called "TV Listings" sold by the TV24
Group.  I'll offer a couple of caveats here with regard to this app. First, if
you're setting up without sighted assistance, do it with location services
turned on and let the app use GPS to pick your location. If you try to enter
your zip code manually, the submit button is problematic. Let GPS provide the
zip for you and you can then tap the confirm button or whatever it's called and
you're on your way. Select your TV provider and you're good to go.  Be aware,
also, that the app doesn't consistently show channel numbers in the listings,
but that's not necessarily a deal breaker. Double-tap on the channel name and,
near the top of the resulting screen, you'll see the actual chanel number.

Sent from my iPhone