Hi Paul,

Do you have any details about this? I followed your link to the GoFundMe
website, but apart from the fact that they are looking to raise $2,000 and have
raised $65 in the last 13 days there is no other information. I would have
questions like this:

Is there an ending date by which the $2,000 have to be raised

If so and they are not reaching the $2,000 what happens to the donations that
were made

If they do reach the $2,000, when do they expect to have this app ready?

How much do they think the app would cost and would it be a one-time purchase
or would they require a subscription like Seeing-Eye GPS to keep it going?

I guess they are joining the iPhone bandwagon pretty late and it would be
interesting to know how they think they can differentiate themselves from the
Seeing-Eye GPS app which now has become much more complete since one can now
have user POI’s. Then there is of course Blindsquare which does a very nice job
for telling you where you are and really only lacks more detailed intersection
information (probably something the will be added at some point) and
turn-by-turn directions which to many users aren’t as important as getting
feedback as to where one is one more familiar routes. Lastly of course there
are apps like Apple Maps and Google Maps which are becoming more and more user
friendly for visually impaired users as time goes by and which in connection
with an app like Blindsquare offer a pretty good solution. One big point in
favour of them of course is that we all know support for them will not go away
or that the product becomes less useful because the developer runs out of money
and can’t provide map or app updates.