Yes, Richard, you make a good point. I've known about the pass through work around for apps, but many times I forget about it, and when I do remember, oftentimes it doesn't work well for me. I'm not sure if it's my arthritis in my hands and the slight neuropathy, or, if it's just that I'm not that great at it.

-----Original Message----- From: Richard Turner
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2015 7:38 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: TV GuideMobile Is Back and It's Better Than Ever

Mark, while I'm sure you believe sincerely that you recommended this app from a totally blind person's perspective, I respectfully disagree. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted your original post, but you gave none of the VoiceOver work around steps in the original post that you now have included in your answers to everyone's comments. Having to do the VoiceOver Pass Through gesture and slide left is not an obvious thing to do when presented with a screen that only says to swipe left., I found a good work around fairly quickly because I am used to having to work around apps that are not immediately accessible. I've been using iOS devices since 2009, and took to them like the perverbial duck to water. But, I do not consider an app wonderfully accessible when the first thing you have to do is figure out a work around because the stated gesture does not work with VoiceOver.
I agree that once you are in the meat of the app, it is excellent.
Richard