I found this personal safety app on AppleVis called OnCallDefender. It is like
a panic button for your phone that lets some kind of monitoring company know
you need help in those situations one hopes will never happen. I may
potentially be starting a job some time in the new year if all goes well, and
walking home in the dark around 9 at night might be part of what I have to do
for awhile until the earlier shift opens up. . My apartment is only around 4
street crossings away from there, but safety is something I think about, but
I'm not worried enough to say no to the offer if it comes my way. I tried to
create an account and subscribe to this thing, presumably through an iTunes
subscription, but all I get is the alert sound with the screen staying the
same. In looking at the app store entry, the app hasn't been updated since
2010, and it is advertised to be compatible with phones of that era. I am
running iOS 9.2 on an iPhone 6. I tried doing the explore by touch thing to try
to get to the fields to fill out to no avail. I have also tried restarting VO
to get it to refresh its model of the screen, and that did nothing either. How
can I make this thing let me sign up? Even though their site is still online, I
have a small suspicion they killed it since the Applevis review was posted last
year. Are there any similarly priced services with apps that are accessible
that are still providing this kind of service? The demo part I did see looks
tricky to actually activate because getting a tripple tap passed through VO
correctly reminds me of the child-proof containers we are probably all glad we
couldn't open as kids.