You might try telling Siri to turn voiceover off. Then once it does that, tell
it to turn VO back on. Otherwise, try pressing the home button to wake the
device, swiping up with two fingers, then repeatedly pressing the volume up
button to try to get speech back.
If all else fails, you can turn off find my iPod from iCloud.com.

Sent from my iPhone