Hello Sieghard and list,

Unfortunately, while you can set up iCloud Mail in Microsoft Outlook without
the iCloud software, you can’t sync anything other than mail. The iCloud
Control Panel allows your iCloud calendars, contacts, and reminders to also
sync. I do indeed have iCloud mail set up but I would like the other data types
to sync too. In order to do that, one has to use the app. My understanding is
that iCloud uses standard CallDav and CardDav protocols to sync calendar and
contact data, but since Outlook doesn’t support those protocols you need the
app to act as a middleman of sorts.

Cheers.

Grant