So is that turn it off or on?

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Robin Christopherson
Sent: Thursday, 7 January 2016 10:01 PM
To: VIPhone <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Greatly increase the speed of your Apple Watch

Dear listers

I got this tip from a mainstream tech podcast and it has increased the speed
and responsiveness of my watch significantly. On the watch go to Settings >
General  Accessibility > Reduce motion and it stops all the animations on app
startup and fancy transitions when you move between screens. I’m not sure how
much it impacts the visual aesthetics of the UI in general but for me it’s a
small price to pay for far greater responsiveness of the device.

For info I also have it set to wake on wrist raise (under General in Settings
on the Watch) but not for VO to speak on wrist raise (under Accessibility in
the settings in the Watch app on the phone) which can also improve
responsiveness in as much as the screen is awake when you do the first tap on
it to hear what is under your finger and you don’t first have to do a tap to
wake the screen but at the same time you don’t get VO chirping away all the
time as you generally move your arm around.

For info the above settings of reduced motion and wake on wrist raise typically
give me around 40-50% battery at the end of the day after using it for general
tasks and also four or five 10-15 minute workouts. Not sure how that compares
to others experience but just for info. I should probably add that I also have
it set to wake for 15 seconds rather than 70  and as I have sighted family
around I don’t have screen curtain on. I believe it’s an OLED screen on the
watch so screen curtain should have a significant impact as there is no
backlight unlike on the phone.

Thanks, Robin

can reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com<mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>

To post to this group, send email to