I also find a problem in my phone app.

if i wish to find a contact by doing a 1 finger flick up or down, to go to find the contact, the A to Z is no longer accurate.

-----Original Message----- From: deidre muccio
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 4:12 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: merits of updating

Hello all
I'm not sure I've seen much in the way of what this recent update has had to
offer. I believe Richard said some responses were snappier. I thought I'd
noticed that the first day after updating but that is no longer the case. I
have a lousy connection speed, and an old modem I am replacing though, and
the phone and computer both have been slow to do many things lately.
I notice a few things that I don't like that have changed with the
update, or let me say, that for  my purposes, hold no interest whatsoever.
In Contacts under each name it now tells me that a photo is missing
for that contact. I don't intend to ever include photos so I liked it better
when I didn't have to hear that.
In podcasts I now have to swipe numerous times to get to a mark as
played place to get things out of the list. Before I could just swipe up and
find delete and get rid of that particular podcast without all the
additional swiping. I find any additional swiping as a new feature is
totally unnecessary, since what they offer can easily be done on the main
page of the podcast playing by hitting previous or next track.
Also when in podcasts, it keeps selecting "unplayed" after I've
selected my podcasts. It seems to reset each time I close then reopen the
app. I do not want to see all this unplayed list from all the podcasts I am
subscribed to and wish this was not happening. It appears at the top of the
page so I always have to deal with it or once more select my podcasts.
I'm not big on having to use anymore gestures than necessary. I
prefer less clutter.
One more picky thing is that I turned notifications off for the Mail
App since I get a lot of mail on the phone and don't need to hear about it
since I check it regularly. With notifications turned off it put a message
on the doc that said "no unread ..." Since I had to see or listen to that I
figured I might as well tell it to notify me since the message was
inaccuragte - I always have mail. Now that is a twisted logic on the part of
that particular setting.
Finally, this business of the voice being tinny and having to spend
hours trying to fix was really a drag. I finally resolved the problem by
first setting it to speak only phoenetically (not and not phonetically plus
characters) and eventually just turned it off altogether. I still sometimes
get a  word pronounced very pourly as with a cheezy cheap old synthesized
screen reading voice. This never used to happen.
I read the list of improvements that was on the iphone when I went
to update. Sorry to say, if I hadn't felt like I was lagging behind,I would
not have bothered with the update.

Deidre