Hi,
No one has no bearing on the other. You merely choose line in source in the app's music menu as indicated and away you go.
Robin

-----Original Message----- From: denise avant
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2016 4:34 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Sonnos question

Hi,
Will I then need to disconnect from Wifi in order to use the speaker connected to my phone?

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 19, 2016, at 8:06 AM, Robin Frost <robin...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
If you wish to connect your phone to the line in jack in the back of the speaker you'd need a standard 1/8 inch to 1/8 inch patch cord type cable. With current models of phone you'd plug one end into the headphone jack and the other into the auxiliary input jack on the back of the Play:5. Once done you could navigate to line in in the music choices menu and away you go. Note headphone volume is different than regular speaker output so if you don't hear anything coming out of the phone try increasing its volume.
I hope that helps.