I don't know, because when I connect my ipod to itunes it immediately
pops up the message about not being able to use the ipod because it
requires a newer version of itunes.
When I cancel out of the message, my ipod isn't even listed under
sources, so it's like itunes doesn't even see it.

On 5/20/16, Kimber Gardner <[email protected]> wrote:
> Is the music still in the iTunes library but it just won't sync to the
> iPod? If you were to rip a CD, one that isn't in the "old" library of
> music, would that one sync to the device?
>
> Kimber
>
> On 5/20/16, Cheryl LeFurgey <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi, everyone.
>> First, before I get into what's going on, let me say that i'm using an
>> ipod touch fifth gen, and that my computer is running windows xp and
>> Itunes 11.4.
>> Yes, I know, my OS is ancient, please don't tell me that.
>> Now, on to the mystery.
>> About a month ago, I downloaded an AudioBoom update, didn't like it,
>> and tried to go back to the previous version.
>> Unfortunately, I didn't have the right version on my computer, so I
>> restored my ipod from an icloud backup in order to get my previous app
>> back.
>> The restore worked, eventually. The first few times it kept saying it
>> couldn't copy some of my apps because they weren't available, but I
>> was eventually able to complete a restore.
>> I import all of my music from cds, using itunes to sync it to my ipod.
>> Because of the restore, my music wasn't coppied over.
>> So I tried to sync my ipod to get my music back, only to be told that
>> my ipod couldn't be used because it required a newer version of
>> itunes.
>> Now, for the mystery. My iphone 5, which is running the exact same
>> version of IOS as my ipod (when this started it was 9.3.1, and still
>> happens with 9.3.2), will sync just fine.
>> i've tried everything I can think of to get this working, with no
>> success. I even downloaded the IPSW file for IOS9.3.1, put my ipod
>> into recovery mode and restored with that, no luck.
>> Now, there is a newer version of itunes that'll work on xp, but I
>> don't like itunes 12, and because my phone will still sync fine, see
>> no real reason to update.
>> Has anyone had this kind of thing happen to them? If so, what can I do
>> to get my music back onto my ipod? I've even tried various wifi file
>> sharing apps, but they all just keep the files inside themselves,
>> since apple won't allow us to copy music to the ipod's internal
>> library without itunes.
>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions, this is super frustrating.
>>
>> --
>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone
>> list.
>>
>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or
>> if
>> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners
>> or
>> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>
>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn
>> -
>> you can reach Cara at [email protected]
>>
>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>> ---
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "VIPhone" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>
>
> --
> Kimberly
>
> --
> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone
> list.
>
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if
> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or
> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>
> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn -
> you can reach Cara at [email protected]
>
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "VIPhone" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you 
can reach Cara at [email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to