I have to agree with this,  we've had private hosting for years, but the public
ones like gMail are good for it, too.
----- Original Message -----
From: "M. Taylor" <mk...@ucla.edu>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2016 7:26 AM
Subject: RE: Question about setting up email on iphone

Hello Denise,

As a general rule, I usually recommend that people do not use the email service
of their internet service provider (ISP)--especially
the cable companies and phone companies.  There are several reasons for this
not the least of which being that should you decide to
leave that provider, you will need to transfer your email accounts; this is to
say, you will need to change your email address.

This is just my opinion but my preferred solutions are gMail, Appple,
Microsoft, or a private remote email server.

Mark