Hello Mark,
Like you, unless their is a gesture that I do not know about, I could not find
a way to go to someones profile from their actual post.
But I did find that the option does come up from a comment.

So if someone makes a comment, you can just do a double tap and hold on their
name, and from the pop up menu, one of the choices is to go to that persons
profile.

Hope this helps,

Chris