I don't have any POP accounts myself anymore, but when I was using POP
on my PC, you had like three options.
* Leave the messages on the server, which is not what you want here, but
is probably what you're doing.
* Download the messages to my PC and delete them from the server. This
isn't what you want to do on your phone, but it may be what you want to
do on your PC. That depends how long your mail provider will keep your
messages around and where you want your messages stored long term.
* Delete your messages from the server when you delete them from the
phone or move them into another folder, which is probably what you want
to do, although you may not want to move them into another folder if
you're storing them long term on your PC.

Like I said, I don't have a POP account anymore, so I can't double check
this on my iPhone, but you should see something like the above in your
account settings on your iPhone.

On 10/09/12 13:34, Robert Fenton wrote:
> I don't have a pop account on this phone, but I remember that you need to
> choose settings, mail, the account you are accessing and there should be a
> setting there as to what to do with your messages once they are deleted from
> your phone. If the setting is not there, it will be under the advanced
> settings. I will try to get you more detail if you are still stuck once my
> pesky iCloud backup finally completes on my other phone.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 2012-09-10, at 12:25 PM, Stacey Robinson <stacey...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> I am using a pop account. How do I make this change on my iPhone?
>> Stacey and Chesley
>>
>> On Sep 10, 2012, at 10:44 AM, Robert Fenton wrote:
>>
>>> What kind of mail server are you on, pop, imap or exchange? If you are
>>> using a pop server, the items you erase on your phone may not automatically
>>> be removed from the server. You will need to make a change in your mail
>>> settings for that account on your phone to have messages deleted from the
>>> server when they are deleted from your inbox. Hope this helps.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail