Hi Maria,

Did you get a receipt from the iTunes store confirming that you purchased the
app? If not, open iTunes on your computer, choose the Store menu, and choose
View my Account. Enter your password when asked, and press Enter. One of the
headings on the next screen is Purchase History. Below that is a See All link.
Start moving through your history, which is listed with most recent first,
until you get far enough back to determine whether you bought the app for your
friend or not. If you didn't, you can try again. If you did purchase it, I'm
quite sure there's a button to resend the email notifying your friend.

I hope that helps.

Best,
Anna