Obviously, not every app in the App Store is going to be replicated in the Play Store. Accessibility also won't be the same. In some cases you may find an app you prefer in the Play Store or an Android app might be more accessible than the corresponding iPhone app. For me, I played around with a Nexus 7 for a few years, and between that and Jonathan Mosen's article, I realized that the things I do on the iPhone I can do on an Android phone, and some things that are important to me but may not be to other iPhone users, are possible on Android and not on an Apple device. For this reason, I made the switch to a Samsung S7, although I still have my own personal iPhone, and I still use an iPhone for work.

If you're happy with your iPhone then there's no reason to switch, and I don't think any post in this thread is encouraging that. If you're curious about Android though, you can do some research to see if the apps you use on the iPhone will also be present and accessible on Android. It won't be true across the board, but you'll find it's true for most of the most popular and common apps.

I believe this thread got started when someone was asking about tablets and made the gratuitous statement that they told an AT&T rep that they wouldn't consider an Android tablet due to their problems with accessibility. I don't think there needs to be this much time spent on an IOS list talking about Android, but I do think it's important that accurate information is presented when talking about other devices. I don't think this thread was started to convince anyone to leave the iPhone nor was it started to encourage bashing of Android. Choice is good and sharing of accurate information is important.

On 31/07/16 08:53, Russ Kiehne wrote:
That may be, but does android have all of the same apps I use on my ipad
mini?

It’s my understanding that voice dream reader is a lot better on the
ipad than on a android device?

*From:* Kevin Chao <mailto:kevincha...@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Saturday, July 30, 2016 1:33 PM
*To:* viphone@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>
*Subject:* Re: Android tablet accessibility may be better than you think
[was "Re: Questions regarding the IPod"]

Current Android 7 and TalkBack 5 accessibility user experience matches
iOS 10 VoiceOVEr in most areas and exceeds in other areas.
I'll agree that earlier Android accessibility was sub-optimal  and had a
lot to be desired, but I'd encourage screen reader users to try modern
Android TalkBack. You'll be pleasantly surprised, but to be fair it is
difficult to let go of legacy experiences one may have.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 9:15 PM Terri Stimmel