Since I moved three weeks ago I had been having problems with my iPhone 6.
I had dropped calls, had to say hello multiple times before anyone could
hear me.  Had spent more than 6 hours in three phone calls with Verizon, and
there is a tower less than half a mile away that can be seen through the
trees on one side of my house.  I was told I was in a marginal area,
however, the phone worked perfectly at the grocery store less than half a
mile away, at Costco, at my old house even, as well as at church, my old
church that is!  Worked in the beauty shop, worked at the hospital, just my
new house seemed to have problems.

Now I don't know how to change modem settings or where for my CenturyLink
modem, maybe they have to do it but if so they did not during the two phone
calls I made to them in the past three weeks, admitted I had problems, sent
a repair person, and I know the internet occasionally blips out for a bit,
had to reset it two times yesterday, bad weather here, but at the old house
reset it exactly one time in two years!

Verizon told us I needed a cell phone extender, it arrived, we hooked it up
and no change in service on my 6 but cousin's 4 worked a lot better,
especially if she was at the desk.

Spent 2 hours on phone with tech person on Monday, resetting phone multiple
times, going into the computer to check internet settings on the computer,
turned on and off the modem. and still service for me was horrible, although
the 4 my cousin was even more improved at the end of the procedure.

Yesterday evening, during a thunderstorm no less got a call from Verizon and
was told I needed to turn off advanced settings, to look for such and such
graphic.  It took me four tries to explain that I could not see any of the
graphics, that I was using Voiceover and had to tell him what the cellular
screen said at least 10 times before he said I needed to have advanced
settings turned off, connected (three-way call) with customer service and
turned advanced settings off.  I don't know what difference this will make
in the long run, but today I have answered three calls with clearer voice
quality, made two calls, no dropouts on any calls, don't have to yell hello
multiple time to be heard.  However, I am still only getting 1 to 2 bars.
None of the items in my settings have really changed like I was told to
expect, still looks the same as before his call and for all the calls I have
made in past weeks.

Just putting this out there if anyone with a 6, 6S, 5SE run into this type
of problem.

Just what I can expect after having the 6 for nearly 2 years with advanced
turned on is something I do not know as I have been in my house all day
long, meeting with realtor who has now sold my old house, friend of my
cousin who lives in the community, trying to catch up with e-mail that came
in during storm last evening .

I hope that anyone faced with similar problem of poor connections at home
anyway can benefit from my story.

Rose Combs

roseco...@q.com