Hi Jerry,

I apologize, I didn't realize that you had audiobooks, that were not purchased
through Audible, on iTunes and that those were the ones you wanted to sync.

I just thought you were asking how to sync audiobooks in general.  for
audiobooks not purchased on Audible, I am not sure how this would be done.  I
haven't done that for a long while, back when iTunes was simple and easy to use.

I would guess that you would import them into iTunes, go onto the page that
list the various media types on your iPhone, where you find the "Summary",
Music", "Tones", and all those different media, select the Audiobooks item, and
I am guessing that you would have a checkbox that would say something like
"Sync Audiobooks", similar to the one you would find under the "Tones" and
"Music" sections, and tab until you land in the list of audiobooks in your
library, then press the spacebar to select those you wish to sync, and then tab
until you land on either the "Sync" or "Apply" buttons.  Then you press on one
of those and the sync process should start.  The only thing that I am not sure
is where would you find the files on your phone then.  You used to be able to
open the Music app and select the Audiobook tab at the bottom, but I am not
sure if you still have that one in Music, now that they use this app for Apple
Music.

Another option as well, if you have a Victor Reader Stream, you could always
copy the files into the "Other Books" folder on your SD card and play those
auidobooks through the VR Stream.  That is always an option.

A friend of mine got me lots of Star Wars and other book series that 've simply
copied to my stream and read them that way.

Again, my apologies for the confusion.

Hope this helps!