From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Daniel L. Gervais
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2016 11:55 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Audible books question

Hi Dan,

Great name by the way, the only message you really hear when listening to a
purchased Audible audiobook is at the beginning and near the end.  The one at
the beginning says something like "This is Audible" and then the narrator of
the book starts speaking.  The one at the end says "Audible hopes you have
enjoyed this program".

If you decide to join, and if you love to read, I would say you will not regret
it, I would suggest you download the iOS app, login using your new Audible
Username/E-mail and Password, and evertime you wish to buy a book, go to the
site and purchase them from there first.  When you've done that, log into the
app and the books should appear.  If not, you can go into the Settings and
refresh your library.  Once you've done that, select the "Cloud" tab at the top
of the app (this section lists all of the books you've purchased on Audible,
doesn't mean that they are all downloaded, they are just the ones on the
cloud), then you double tap the one you want and it begins to download.  Once
it's done, then double tap on the book again and it will start playing.  You
can even select the "Device" tab beside the "cloud" tab and this will show you
the books that are only downloaded onto your device.

You can always start with the Gold plan, which gives you one credit a month,
and pretty much every book in their library are all one credit.  Or if you are
a big reader, you can get the Platinuym plan that gives you two credits a month.

Again, if you love to read, then I find audiobooks are the way to go.  Not that
there is anything wrong with reading braille books, it just doesn't keep my
attention very long and I spend more time trying to read and understand a
paragraph, that I don't enjoy the story.  It's even better when you get a great
narrator that just brings the book to life.

If you are a fan of Star Wars, they have plenty of books and series on Star
Wars.  I would recommend that you get those narrated by Mark Thompson, in my
opinion, he is the best narrator for those stories.

Anyways, hope this helps.