I do it your way, but a lot of times in my inbox I hit the edit button, then
double tap on the message or thread that I want to delete; it says selected,
and then when I am at the end of my queue I hit trash selected messages at the
bottom. That's a lot easier for me then flicking up, double tapping to delete,
and then maybe losing my place in the queue and having to find it again
.