hi guys, I'm told you can purchase Amazon fire stick for £50 fully loaded with Kodi as well as talkback speech.
Is this not a better option than Apple TV?, Billy

On 28/08/2016 22:29, Mary Otten wrote:
I think those are the current list prices, 149 and 199. Indeed, there have been
some deals recently where the price for the smaller one was considerably less
than 149. So watch for those.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 28, 2016, at 1:36 PM, MamaPeach <mamape...@charter.net> wrote:

Wow, this has gone up. When I bought mine, the 32 gig model was $149 and the 64
gig was $199. I purchased the $199 model.

From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 11:37 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: multtiple topics: apple tv, netflicks, hulu, etc.

Hi Richard and David,

First of all, the fourth generation Apple TV also supports Bluetooth keyboards.
It did not when it was first released, but a later TVOS updated added Bluetooth
keyboard support.
Once the TVOS 10 update is released in a few weeks there is also single sign-in
although I am not sure how this works if, for example, you use different
passwords for let’s say Netflix, Youtube and Hulu.
The Apple TV Fourth Generation is available with 32 Gb internal storage for
$199 US and with 64 Gb for $249. This storage is for downloading apps and so
on, you cannot record shows with the fourth generation Apple TV nor could you
with previous versions.
As Richard already said, apps like Netflix, Hulu, Youtube and so on are all
free. I would imagine that pretty much all apps which require a subscription
would offer the app for free. Keep in mind that at this point many apps you can
get on the Apple TV require a cable subscription to work and do not offer a
stand-along subscription via the Apple TV. I believe this is the case with
Disney.
I am pretty sure you can watch and get a subscription for the mlb network via
the Apple TV.
I think for anybody who watches a fair bit of TV the Apple TV may not yet be a
satisfactory replacement although I really like ours and think it’s a
worthwhile item to have for anybody who is involved in the Apple ecosystem and
especially if you want a beautifully accessible platform for Netflix, Youtube
and so on.
. There have been rumours that apple is negotiating with major content
providers so they can offer an A La Card TV service where you can pay for
channels you want without being forced to subscribe to channel bundles which
may include stuff you never watch. However, it does not look like Apple is even
close to reaching agreements with these content providers and one theory I
heard is that Apple thinks they are top dog and approach these negotiations
with a fair bit of ssuperiority and self-importance thinking these major
content providers which are huge companies also are going to fall to their
knees thanking Apple for what they want to do and offer them killer deals.
Apparently this is not so and the two sides are still miles apart from reaching
an agreement as to how this would work.