Have you turned voice over on and off? I've noticed with the iPhone that things don't often get fixed with just a restart of the phone. For example the bug in IOS 9 where voice over would stutter when using the phone app some times, mine still stuttered some times even after a restart, but turning voice over off and back on fixed it. This kind of surprised me because I would think that a reboot would stop and restart everything. Another thing I've done that cleared up strange issues was to clear the phone ram. This is where you hold down the power button until it says power off, but don't hit the power off button on the screen. Instead, put your finger on home until the phone starts speaking again.