I did not try using the on screen braille input because I can not get that to
work reliably for me.  But I have typed it in the MBraille app and pasted it in
the text field.
I also just used dictation to dictate the phrase, I love pizza.

Now when I went down to change the keyboard to emoji, I noticed that it was
already on that keyboard.  In order for me to get it to work, I did a double
tap and hold on the keyboard, slid my finger up until I heard emoji, then
released.  You can also probably change it to english and then back to emoji.
Basically, you can not have the emoji keyboard selected prior to typing or
dictating your message.

Hope this helps,

Chris