Hi Tom,

3D touch is just basically a way of getting more information. Well it depends
on the context. In messages, you can 3D touch the send button to send message
effects. In most other contexts, 3D touch will give you a preview of the item
you selected. It’s just basically pressing more firmly on the screen.

The major difference I’d say is the home button. Also I think the phone is a
lot faster. Plus, the stereo speakers, which means that music tends to be
louder.

I can’t think of any other major practical differences, but I do think the
iPhone 7 is worth it.

I would suggest a new case. I think the phone is the same size, but I just
think it odd to have a case with a spot for headphones, when there’s no
matching jack in the phone. Instead, the cases for the iPhone 7 have a slot
where the headphone jack used to be, because I believe there is a second
microphone in that area.

Brandon