Hello Jeffrey,

It has been a long time since I set up the weather app, but it looks like my
first city in my list is my current location.  But you can also adjust the
order of the cities in your weather app.
Double tap on the city name in the widget to open the weather app.  The very
last thing on that screen is an edit button.  If you swipe left one time, it
will have the name of the current city and what position it is in your list of
cities.
For example, mine says, Champlain, city 1 of 5, adjustable.  You can flick up
and down to adjust your current city.
Now if you double tap on the edit button, you will have your city screen with
your list of cities.  To rearrange the order of your cities, just double tap
and hold on the city name, then drag up or down depending on which way you want
to move it in your list.

I have not had the city displayed within my widget to change unless my current
location changed, so not sure why your cities are changing between the first 2
in your list.

Hope this helps!

Chris