Hi, close messages, and reopen. Works here, for when this happens.

Sent from a BrailleNote

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Chaffin <chaffin102...@gmail.com
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Date sent: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 18:11:33 -0400
Subject: Re: iOS 10, iMessages and braille screen input question

Hello Anna,

I have been having trouble writing text messages with the on screen braille keyboard since iOS 8, and I have not found a solution yet. Now, I will say that I do not have trouble with the on screen braille keyboard anywhere else, just in the messages app. This is what happens.

* I first open messages, then open the conversation screen for who I want to send the message too. * I go down to the bottom of the screen and double tap on the message field to type my message. * I turn my rotor to braille input and hold my phone in landscape mode, getting ready to type. * When I try typing on the on screen braille keyboard, nothing happens. As soon as I turn my phone back to portrait mode, I hear a beep like sound, and when I check, I find out that a message was recorded, and the beep was it ending.

It seems that somehow by putting the phone in landscape mode to type, activates the recording button, and then putting it back in portrait mode turns off the recording button. I have tried it with portrait mode locked, and unlocked. I have no idea why the recording button is being activated, and I know this is strange, but I can not find a solution or work around.

If you have any ideas of a possible solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris