Hi Nancy,

In order to view your voicemails, you have to open the Phone application, and
at the bottom, there will be 5 tabs.  The first one on the left is called
Favourites.  This one is to have phone numbers that you use frequently so they
are easier to find.  The second tab to the right of Favourites is Recent.  This
tab is to view all the calls you have received, made and missed.  You can
double tap these numbers to call back the person.  The third tab to the right
of Recent is Contacts.  As it indicates, this is where you can view all your
contacts and view their information.  It is the same as if you opened the
Contacts application.  To the right of the Contacts tab, is DialPad, as it
says, this is where you would go if you want to manually enter a phone number
and then call that number.  And last but not least, to the far right, is the
Voicemail tab.  Now typically when you first get an iPhone, the provider should
set up at their end your voicemail to be a Visual Voicemail.  What this means
is that when you tab the Voicemail tab, you can see a list of all your
voicemail, use the actions rotor to delete.  It displays it like your recents
and favourites, a nice and easy to see list.

The reason I bring up the Visual Voicemail is that when I first got my iPhone,
I didn't take it so whenever I pressed on the Voicemail tab, my phone would
call my voicemail and I had to use the keypad to interact with the providers
voicemail system.  A Visual Voicemail is much easier tna and does not costs any
extra.  In fact, with iPhones, they should have set it up with Visial Voicemail
to begin with anyways.

Hope this helps!