That’s because the original Apple Watch uses an older processor than the Series
2 or even the updated Series 1. In watchOS 3, however, you shouldn’t feel
delays all too much. This is thanks to the new dock feature where apps run in
the background and, in some cases, update information in realtime. I also
noticed general performance improvements when using watchOS 3 with VoiceOver.