Hi,
I’ll put my answers below your questions with a * before them so you’ll know
which is which.
Hello all,  I am considering sonos as a way of sending music to various zones
in my house.  I know sonos has been discussed here in the past but haven’t
really followed that thred.  Wondering if you could answer a few basic
questions for me:

1)  How accessible is the sonos app?
*Extremely so there are few better in terms of accessibility.
2)  Has the company sonos been responsive to address accessibility issues?
*Yes their phone staff and twitter support staff are both well aware of Screen
Readers, VoiceOver and the like; and they have at least a few blind people
participating in their beta test programs too.

3)  When you stream audio using sonos does voice over remain on your phone?
*Yes perhaps the best way to understand this is by thinking of the phone as a
remote. It merely tells Sonos what to do and even when streaming from the music
on your phone it merely views it as a source for material just as it would a
network drive or a music library on your computer’s hard drive. VoiceOver is
not impacted.
(The only caveat I’d mention is when first installing the app on an iDevice be
sure to navigate to settings and turn off “hardware volume control.) While this
is a neat idea in principle it’s been my experience that its impact on changing
VoiceOver’s volume doesn’t make it worth having at this point for us.  I wish
the app could turn it off by default if it detects VoiceOver running.

4)  Anything else I might want to keep in mind before taking this step?
*No don’t think so and should you do so their return policy seems quite
friendly so if you aren’t satisfied nothing is lost. But I do hope you like as
much as other users such as myself do.
Happy listening.
Robin

Hello all,  I am considering sonos as a way of sending music to various zones
in my house.  I know sonos has been discussed here in the past but haven’t
really followed that thred.  Wondering if you could answer a few basic
questions for me:

1)      How accessible is the sonos app?

2)        Has the company sonos been responsive to address accessibility issues?

3)        When you stream audio using sonos does voice over remain on your
phone?

4)      Anything else I might want to keep in mind before taking this step?

Appreciate any feedback that you all might be willing to provide.

Cheers.

Sachin